October 23, 2009

It's Raining Cheeseburgers

The boys and I saw Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs today in 3D and I now think everything should be made in 3D. It was so cool! I believe the last 3D movie I saw in the theater was Jaws 3 which would now barely qualify as 3D. It's odd to think that the boys don't even know about the earlier 3D versions just like they don't know what an album is. Anyway, the movie itself was entertaining and funny. It's always nice when a little humor is thrown in for the parents like comparing the weather to an amuse-bouche. I laughed aloud many times and the kids really enjoyed it too. Of course, we were already fans of the book so it was fun to see how that story was expanded and used for the movie. If you're going to see this movie it is definitely worth the extra bucks to see the 3D version.

p.s. For those curious...the boys barely made it into Mary Poppins before they were completely distracted by a game they made up involving the monopoly board and dice. I think the movie lost them with the suffragist song. It's not looking good for The Sound of Music.

2 comments:

  1. Usually we fast forward through the beginning and get right to Mary Poppins, or at least when the letter goes up the chimney. We also fast forward through parts of the Sound of Music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Mary Poppins is a LONG movie to sit through! I don't remember it being quite so long when I was little!! Your kids are too cute :)

    ReplyDelete