November 12, 2011

Bountiful Basket

6 Jonagold Apples
3 Oranges
2 Small Red Grapefruit
6 Bananas
Leaf Lettuce
Bag of Carrots
2 Cucumbers
5 Roma Tomatoes
6 Large Sweet Potatoes
3 Acorn Squash

I picked up all of these fruits and vegetables this morning for $15 thanks to the Bountiful Baskets Food Co-op! The acorn squash is the only item I haven't purchased since I made baby food, but I've already found this recipe for Acorn Squash Soup and now can't wait to use it up. 

Most exciting item in my basket...those huge sweet potatoes. Yum! There is enough to make all three of these recipes: Sweet Potato Soup with Chipotle Cream, Chipotle Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Sweet Potato Fries with Dipping Sauce.

1 comment:

  1. Why does that list make me laugh? 6 bananas, 5 tomoates, cracks me up. With a little brown sugar and butter acorn squash is a treat! enjoy your basket.
    -jen

    ReplyDelete