March 13, 2009

Diamonds Are a Boy's Best Friend???


We have a new obsession at our house...diamonds and gemstones. Ever since our new neighbors moved in and showed the boys their collection of "diamonds" the boys have been crazed. They want to grow crystals and diamonds. Noah thinks they can sell everything and make lots of money. After Joshua brought home a book about diamonds and gemstones we've learned that they're not going to be grown with a kit from Hobby Lobby. I did make the mistake of mentioning Crater of Diamonds State Park (thanks Duggars) so Noah is planning our prospecting vacation. All Joshua wants for his birthday is a giant diamond. He said I could get it where I get all my other jewelry. Apparently, he thinks I'm a regular at Fred Leighton

After reading about the special qualities of birthstones the boys decided they would like to wear the few gems I have to give them special powers. For instance, diamonds are supposed to bring out a person's best qualities. They have taken this to mean that whatever you are good at you'll be even better at while wearing a diamond. Since they believe they are already really good on the DS, they think if I'd let them wear my diamond ring while they play they would be AMAZING. While I had my jewelry out Noah also suggested sending it in to get "instant cash 4 gold." 

I hardly wear jewelry anymore and am usually only concerned about losing it when Chino starts batting it around. Now I might need to keep a closer watch on my inventory. If it goes to Joshua's room, all that glitters will be gone.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny what kids get interested in???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine them raiding your jewelry to send in "Cash 4 Gold!"

    ReplyDelete