March 28, 2009

Happy 6th Birthday Joshua

We are celebrating Joshua's 6th birthday today. With every birthday I am amazed at how fast the boys are growing up. You'd think I'd be used to it by now but I find that I'm still taken aback. This passage of time is punctuated even more with the home videos.

Here is a favorite Joshua memory of mine. This was taken the morning after his second birthday when he managed to get two balloons outside while still in his pajamas (jammers don't go outside!). It was the perfect combination of amazing weather, birds singing in the background and Joshua - completely content playing with his friends. I've shortened this video to a mere minute and a half because I recognize that only a mother could love watching her child play with a balloon for 10+ minutes (and that was after I thought to run in and grab the video camera). 

It was the sweetest thing to watch him talk to the balloons, push them in the swing, take them down the slide and just run with them. Oh, he was fond of balloons.


Today will be all about Joshua. He is six and looking forward, while I can't help but take a moment to look back.

For those needing a funnier Joshua moment. Here is an earlier balloon experience we call "Pop It!"


1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicole, congrats you are the winner of the Amy Butler fabric giveaway on my blog!

    Please email me your address so I can pass it on to Jenny. My email is jenniferstuartdesign at gmail dot com

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete