July 10, 2009

Reading: It's a Good Thing

From the kitchen this morning I heard the sweetest conversation between Noah and Joshua that negates all of the brother bickering I've been hearing of late. 

Together they were looking at a library book about space. First, I heard excitement over finding a picture of the star Betelgeuse - they had just heard detailed information about this star from a  Louis Giglio video we watched on YouTube last week. 

Next I heard this:

Noah: It's in a constellation. Do you know what a constellation is?
Joshua: No.
Noah: You know how we looked at the Big Dipper? That's a constellation.
Joshua replied with an understanding "oh."

They continued to pour over the pictures and text. They compared planets to each other and discussed dwarf planets. I think we've finally pushed through to the good place of no TV week. Okay, very limited TV week.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool. I need to get into digital scrapbooking b/c I have come to terms that with this new baby, I don't know when I will ever be able to resume it! I have a friend who does it digitally, I just can't seem to understand how it works...do you do digital scrapbooking too?

    ReplyDelete