July 9, 2009

Summer Treat

Inspired by a friend on Facebook that was attempting to make "decent iced coffee" I wanted to give frozen frappuccino a try - again. I found the following recipe and did approximations in my Magic Bullet. It was delicious! I used half and half the first time and skim milk in the second one. The half and half was definitely creamier and more like Starbucks but it was still pretty good with skim milk. Take a moment to treat yourself with this refreshing beverage.

Frozen Frappuccino

  • 1/2 cup of milk 
  • 2 Tablespoons chocolate syrup
  • 1 Tablespoon of granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup of strong coffee, freshly brewed but cooled
  • 1 cup of ice
  • whipped cream (optional)
  • chocolate shaving or chocolate syrup for garnishing (optional)

Put the milk, chocolate syrup sugar, coffee and crushed ice in a blender and mix until smooth. Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream and garnish with the chocolate syrup or shavings as you prefer. Sit back, relax and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. The one I ended up loving was a mug of coffee poured into a glass of vanilla ice cream, letting it melt, putting in crushed ice and topping with whipped cream and choco syrup. SUPER good, but considering it is like having a bowl of ice cream every morning, I need to get the addiction under control! At least, I am using decaf for Ollie's sake :)

    ReplyDelete