August 17, 2009

First Day of School For Some

With a beaming smile, Joshua was off for the first day of 1st Grade. I was gone before anyone got up so it was up to Rich to get him to school on time and take the "first day of school" photo (although I did pack the lunch, had him set clothes out the night before and had his backpack ready by the stairs). I adore Joshua's new toothless grin.

Unfortunately, Noah did not make it to school due to his severe poison ivy or poison oak. His face is swollen with rash and the bumpy blisters on his hands are still very painful. He was extremely disappointed to miss the first day at his new school. He was upset to miss the engineering class he's been waiting for and that they were serving his favorite lunch (hot dogs & tri taters with s'mores). I tried to comfort him and reminded him that he would go to engineering the next time and that they'd serve that lunch again. His tearful response, "But not on the same day."

I also had my first day of school but no photo or hot dog for me. Still a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment