August 20, 2009

Sandwich Loaf Anyone?

I have been organizing the non-fiction shelves in my library. This was just supposed to be a quick rearrangement of the books so they were more evenly spaced and I could get shelf labels on, but outdated material is impossible to ignore. Several interesting books have been discovered but this was my favorite today.

I actually laughed aloud when I saw the cover. I didn't realize it could get better until viewing the step by step instructions for creating this snack.

Layer 1: butter and baked mushroom caps

Layer 2: butter (both sides of bread), ham strips and pistachios

Layer 3: butter (both sides of bread) and asparagus

Layer 4: Butter bread

To complete: Coat outside of loaf with butter. YUM!

With football season fast approaching you will have the perfect excuse to try out this fabulous new recipe.

Can you believe the copyright is only 1980?

No comments:

Post a Comment