January 26, 2009

I Want My Three Hours Back

Today I decided to avoid cleaning and go see one of the Oscar nominated movies instead. I went to The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. This is a movie that I wasn't that interested in but thought maybe I would be pleasantly surprised. I wasn't. To me Benjamin is this years English Patient. It was so long and slow. I felt like Elaine on the English Patient episode of Seinfeld. The most interesting thing about it was noticing the subtle changes made to Brad and Cate as they aged backwards and forwards. The story itself was ridiculous. How can you suspend disbelief enough to become invested in a story about a man aging backwards? This wasn't science fiction. It just happened that this baby was born old and grew young. Ending on a positive note... the Cinematography was beautiful and Oscar worthy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that pesky english patient. thanks for saving me 3 hours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't planning on seeing it so I'm glad I made the right choice. P.S. I kind of liked the English Patient but I can't remember why.

    ReplyDelete